Harding Richmond Hill History: Originally, this land was part of Markham, now, it is situated between Weldrick Road East in the South, Major Mackenzie Drive East to the north, Yonge Street to Bayview.
Harding neighborhood, previously known as Lot 43, is a small community located in central Richmond Hill. It is most commonly known for its two-storey frame home built in 1883 by Elizabeth and Richard Vanderburgh. During the time that this property was built, most residents in the area were living in small log cabins; for this reason, the Vanderburgh house was considered to be a luxury. The home was built in a Georgian architectural style, and it has been rebuilt and redecorated over the years. In 1983, the house was declared a historic site under the Ontario Heritage Act. It has stood for over 170 years, and today it is inhabited by the Richmond Hill Chamber of Commerce.
Harding Real Estate: Harding community offers a wide variety of home styles and prices. Close to Yonge street, "Gibraltar" condominiums of Clarissa built by Tridel are in constant demand by real estate buyers. Another new condominium, 18 "Harding" Boulevard, built by Greenpark has added a beautiful feature to this community. The other condominiums such as Cedar Gate at 175 Cedar Avenue, 309 Major Mackenzie Drive East and 249 Major Mackenzie Drive East are the real estate options available for Harding Richmond Hill community.
Most detached homes are raised bungalows with Brick -vaneered on Palmer Avenue and Harding Boulevard.
There are other newer detached brick homes on Dunbarton Court, Canterbury Court and Guilwood Drive, as well as older townhomes and semi-detached homes on Palmer Avenue and Cedar Avenue.
The Wave Pool, a fun place for the residents of Richmond Hill, is an attraction located in Harding neighbourhood and it should not to be missed!